It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you get back a discarded change set?

Sean Burke (3789142242) | asked May 01 '15, 3:33 p.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 2:05 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

 It says you can in the eclipse tool but I have not been able to do so. Any suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered May 01 '15, 5:39 p.m.
Assuming that you know a file name associated with the changeset, one way to get it back would be to first show history of the file and then using the View Menu in the history view, click on "Show all in Repository". This will show all the changesets. You can then pick your changeset and accept the changes into your workspace. 

if you had it associated with a workitem, then open the workitem in Eclipse client, go to links tab, select the changeset and accept into your workspace. 
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

David Lafreniere commented Jun 01 '18, 2:08 p.m.

In addition to the 2 correct approaches Surya mentioned, you can also use the "Search" --> "Jazz Source Control" --> "Change Sets" dialog. You can then fill in fields which might help you find the change set such as the component, or creator. Once the change set is found in the "Search" view, there will be an Accept action available on it.

One other answer

permanent link
vikrant kamble (1323496) | answered May 24 '18, 3:56 a.m.


This link has accepted answer which helps user find discarded change ser

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.