It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are project component(s) frequently out of sync

Andrew Wylie (111) | asked May 01 '15, 11:34 a.m.
 Hi, looking for some guidance on this one. I'm definitely missing something but can't put my finger on it and its giving me too many grey hairs now.

- we use CruiseControl as our automated builder (long story)
- we use the RTC CLI (via Ant scripts) to accept changesets for a workspace on the build server
- the builder does its thing, creates a baseline and delivers it.

More frequently now, the 'accept' stage fails, and when I open the RTC client for the workspace to check it, it is 'out of sync'. I reload those components that are out of sync, and kick off the builder again.

The workspace is assigned to a 'RTCBuild' user, which is just like any developer in the project; it just doesn't do any development. Developers each have their own workspace. All the workspaces point to the stream where the builder is accepting from to do the build, create the baseline, deliver, etc.

Couple of questions:
- why is it becoming out of sync (I kind of think the more changesets that are attempted to be accepted, the more often it appears to get out of sync, although the promotion integration stream which accepts hundreds of changesets monthly, does that quite happily).

- is there any way from the RTC CLI, to detect the 'out of sync' from the Ant script, so I can force a reload automatically when this happens?

Thanks,
Andrew

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 01 '15, 2:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This usually happens if someone loads the same repository workspace twice to disk and checks in there. Repository Workspaces should only be loaded once.

Comments
Andrew Wylie commented May 01 '15, 2:44 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

I can confirm that the workspace is only loaded once by this user. It's an automated builder user, so only one builder for it and only one workspace needed.

Thx, Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.