It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can a workitem custom attribute be reused?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Apr 30 '15, 8:58 p.m.
edited May 22 '15, 3:52 p.m. by Lisa Frankel (5462)

Hi,

I created a custom work item "SCR" for which I created enumeration "TeamResponsible" and a Timestamp "DiscussionDate".

Now I am creating second customized workitem "SIR", it needs to have the same attributes  enumeration "Team Responsible" and Timestamp "Discussed on".

Can the same customized attributes be shared in different customized workitems? Or will I have to keep repearting/creating them new for each workitem?

I was not able to see it getting shared in 2 different work items. And repeating the creation will create huge list and confusions.

Please let me know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Apr 30 '15, 9:11 p.m.
 You can reuse custom attributes on different work item types. You only need to choose the option "Reuse Existing Attribute" after clicking in the Add... link (if you are using the web interface).

In this case the work item types will share exactly the same attribute.

Pravin Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lisa Frankel commented May 22 '15, 3:20 p.m. | edited May 22 '15, 5:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One other answer

permanent link
Lisa Frankel (5462) | answered May 22 '15, 5:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is also documented in the CLM 5.0.2 Knowledge Center; see Defining work item types and attributes, step 8.b.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.