It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to archive comments?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Apr 30 '15, 2:01 p.m.
retagged May 10 '15, 3:08 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

RTC workitems provide the feature of discussion/comments. Is there a way to archive certain comments?

I see in "Query filters" that we can generate reports based on Archived and Unarchived fields. Hence want to know how to Archive comments.

Also, is there a way to get query filter on "History" field? I don't see "History" field as available option within "Query Filter" and "Query Column Display"

Please let me know.

3 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered May 10 '15, 3:08 p.m.
 See Deleting work item comments for details.

Ken

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 30 '15, 2:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A repo admin can delete a work item comment, but there is no "archive" operation (unless by "archive", you just meant "delete").   The "archived" query field is just for whether the work item as a whole has been archived (i.e. whether the "Archived" field on a work item is set to "true").   And as Tiago said, there is no query field for History.

Comments
Pravin Patil commented Apr 30 '15, 4:52 p.m.

what does repo admin mean? How to grant repo admin permissions?

I am the admin, I am in JazzAdmin, JazzUsers group, I have all roles assigned to me, I have Developer license.

Please let me know...

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 01 '15, 1:07 a.m. | edited May 01 '15, 1:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

By "repo admin", I meant someone with JazzAdmin repository permission (note: JazzAdmin is technically a "repository permission", not a "group").  
With that permission, you should be able to apply the "empty" operation (but only in the Eclipse client) to a work item comment.   Note that this does not delete the comment from the work item history, and does not actually remove the comment from the Discussion ... it just removes the text of that comment from the Discussion.
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/31931/delete-a-work-item-comment for additional information.

Don Yang commented May 01 '15, 1:14 a.m.

you should be able to highlight comments and right click to delete the comment via Eclipse client.

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Apr 30 '15, 2:05 p.m.
No, you can't delete a comment. 

As long as I know, you also can't query on history field.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.