It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to lock/unlock requirements via the REST API in DNG?

Sudheer Rugbeer (11521632) | asked Apr 30 '15, 5:51 a.m.
Is it possible to lock a requirement, or set of requirements (given their IDs or itemIds) in Doors NG 5.0.x via the REST/OSLC API?

The client wishes to lock a set of requirements (within the traceability tree) before generating a RPE report. They want to lock these requirements to ensure that no changes are made to the requirement hierarchy while the report is being generated.

Thanks,
Sudheer

2 answers

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered May 15 '15, 5:08 a.m.
There is no public API for locking and unlocking resources.
If you want to be sure that the data did not change while you are generating a report then reporting on baselined data is probably the way forward.  Alternatively you could always read the etag for each resource (available on a GET of the resource via the public API) and compare that before and after the report is generated

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 04 '15, 1:48 a.m.
While it is possible to do it while HTTP calls, I doubt that the API is published. And strictly speaking, such calls are not OSLC since OSLC RM 2.0 specification says nothing about "locks". The RM reportable REST API does not address locks either.

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented May 12 '15, 1:29 p.m.

Hi Donald,

How can I find the HTTP calls to lock/unlock requirements?

Alternatively, is there another way to ensure that requirements are not modified while executing a report, or at the very least being able to flag them (e.g. by reporting on suspicion status for the requirement)?

Regards,
Sudheer

Donald Nong commented May 14 '15, 9:48 p.m.

It's HTTP calls, so if you do some HTTP tracing, you will find it out. As for "locking requirements for reports", I think we are looking at the feature of reports based on baselines, but I cannot recall whether such feature exists.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.