It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution States are not matching with reporting columns under RQM v5.0.2

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Apr 29 '15, 1:35 a.m.
We are trying to run a report in RQM "TSER Status using Test Case count"

We have renamed the execution states as per our requirement in the manage project properties area ->Execution States.

When the report is extracted, it shows columns with the old values which are irrelevant for us.

Is this behavior working as designed?   I could see similar request being reported as a request for enhancement though, but we are looking out for a technical justification on how the custom execution states are handled and accounted in RQM.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered May 08 '15, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note:
This is a defect which is resolved in the upcoming 6.0 release
The corresponding workitem is listed below
RQM Default Reports: Execution States which were renamed are not matching with reporting columns

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 29 '15, 2:08 a.m.
edited Apr 29 '15, 2:09 a.m.
This is working as designed. There is some discussions before whether this should be treated as a defect(the tool allows the user to change the execution state names but the change does not apply to script step level and report). The conclusion is this is a RFE. Instead, there is document update in v5.0.2 to indicate that the change will not apply to script step level and report:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_analyze_exec_results.html?lang=en

*** the execution result states are only configurable for the overall result of the test case execution. Changes do not apply to the individual test script step result states, test suite result states, or reports that display weight distribution. ***
The RFE WI is here which is still a backlog and you can find the technical info/approach from the WI as well: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=54597

I hope this helps.

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Apr 29 '15, 6:11 a.m.

Thanks Don
In my case, I'm looking at "TSER Status using Test Case count"  report.However, I believe this report is not showing data for script level. It is showing data for the test case level(TCER). The columns in the report also shows Incomplete and Partially Blocked and these are execution states and do not apply to the script level execution state.

Don Yang commented Apr 29 '15, 5:57 p.m.

My understanding is that the change will reflect to the overall result only and not anywhere else. Reporting requires even more changes in the tables on server side which could be more difficult. if you read through the RFE, the requirement 2 in comment 15 suggesting the changes for reports and not sound easy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.