It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advantages of OSLC bridge over command line adaptor.

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Apr 27 '15, 8:57 a.m.
Hi,
I am new the OSLC world. I am doing POC kind of stuff. I wanted to know what are the advantages over using command line adapter for tools integration with IBM CLM tool(RTC,RRC,RQM). What are all the scenario or when should I use OSLC bridge over Command line adaptor or vice-verse?

Thank you in advance

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 27 '15, 9:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are heavily mixing concepts here, as far as I can tell. OSLC is a a protocol for referencing and linking objects and usually used in the server to provide ways to create, modify and access resources. It can be used by clients, servers etc. and is used mainly to be able to link and integrate across servers.

An OSLC bridge would be an OSLC access point that is used to connect one OSLC capable tool to another tool. If that other tool is not designed with OSLC in mind, the bridge would provide the linkage and OSLC capabilities the other tool needs. E.g. the ClearQuest OSLC brige allows to link CQ artefacts to RTC artifacts.

If the commandline adapter refers to the one that is used by RQM - see https://jazz.net/library/article/809 - then this is a way how RQM can call a test automation/execution tool and retrieve information back into the server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.