It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to extend a context menu that is created programmatically by RTC?

Stephen Lai (134) | asked Apr 27 '15, 3:13 a.m.
 Hi, I'd like to add an "Restore" item to the history view of RTC. Unlucky, after debugging, I found the context menu is created programmactically by "com.ibm.team.process.internal.ide.ui.history.ProcessHistoryPage" and no matter how I config my plugin.xml, the new item will only appear in the eclipse common context menu. I know this is a eclipse development question, but wanna to check with you experts to see if there's any solution. Thanks in advance!

Attach my plugin.xml here as well
<extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">
      <objectContribution
            objectClass="com.ibm.team.process.common.IProcessContainer"
            id="SimplePopupMenu.contribution1">
         <action
               label="Restore"
               class="processtemplaterestore.popup.actions.NewAction"
               menubarPath="additions"
               enablesFor="1"
               id="SimplePopupMenu.newAction">
         </action>
      </objectContribution>
   </extension>

One answer

permanent link
Stephen Lai (134) | answered Apr 27 '15, 11:59 p.m.
 Let me clarify my question with more details. In the RTC component, it creates the popup menu in following way

MenuManager menuMgr = new MenuManager("#PopupMenu");
Action openFile = new Action(....);
menuMgr.add(openFile);
Action compare = new Action(...);
menuMgr.add(compare);
Menu menu = menuMgr.createContextMenu(fViewer.getControl());
fViewer.getControl().setMenu(menu);

so that no matter how I configure my plugin.xml, my menu item won't appear in this context menu. Is it possible to write a plugin with startup extension to change this popup menu during startup? or any other way to add my item in this menu?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.