It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in integrating RTC with Jenkins and Maven

Erick Macedo (2111) | asked Apr 23 '15, 8:08 a.m.
Hello,

I would like to ask for help to you, because I have a problem.

I set the jenkins on a linux server, integration with git worked as expected.
Now I am performing integration with RTC as follows:

1 - In the RTC do I create a Build Engine type Jenkins, performed the connectivity and successful test.
2 - No one I create RTC Build Definition type jenkins,
2.1 - In Jazz souce Control tab,
- Define the workspace (this is where the build workspace download the sources within the RTC right?) This workspace need to have a stream?
- Load directory: here is the directory in the build machine where the jar / war / ear will be included for the right maven?
2.2 In Aba Hudson / Jenkins
- I define the job created in Jenkins.
3- In jenkins
3.1 - I configured the plugin RTC, all right.
3.2 - I have connected with ratserver01.teste: 9443 / ccm, ok test.
3.3 - Validei the Build Definition, OK validation.
3.4 - In Build informed the pom and the goals apparently here is where the problems begin to appear as the jenkins already informs a "'pom.xml' file not found".

When I perform the Build the RTC is generated the following error:

Started by user anonymous
Building in workspace /root/.jenkins/jobs/Rep Build Maven / workspace
RTC: checkout ...
RTC: Build initiated by request from RTC
RTC Out: setup control Source
RTC Checkout: Accepting changes into workspace "workspace" ...
RTC Checkout: Fetching files to fetch destination "/ build" ...
RTC Checkout: Fetching Completed
Parsing POMs
ERROR: No such file /root/.jenkins/jobs/Rep Build Maven / workspace / pom.xml
Perhaps you need to I specify the correct POM file path in the project configuration?
Finished: FAILURE

The problem to my understanding is that the jenkins is not downloading the source of the RTC to the workspace to thereby run the build.

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Apr 24 '15, 1:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

From the console out you have posted looks like the load operation was completed successfully and the RTC workspace was loaded on the path "/build" but the read the pom.xml file is from the path "/root/.jenkins/jobs/Rep Build Maven / workspace / pom.xml "

permanent link
Erick Macedo (2111) | answered Apr 23 '15, 10:21 a.m.
Hi,

A note,

I followed this tutorial (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_hudson_build_def.html?lang=en) and the problem is well in "k" item.

In the Build Definition editor, in the Load Options pane, in the Load directory field, type the path to the directory on the build machine where workspace files are to be loaded

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.