It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to notify all users of RTC?

Ramaprakash Ganesan (634) | asked Apr 23 '15, 2:10 a.m.
retagged Dec 04 '15, 2:42 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)
2 questions:

1. A reasonable thing to expect from an application is the ability to send a mail to all users informing them about maintenance activities (upgrades, planned outages, etc.). 
I dont see any option in the RTC UI for this, on the Jazz Server Home or Application (CCM) administration pages. 
How can I send a mail to all RTC users?

2. I see there is a System Alerts option, which can help to add a header message. Is it possible to edit the font size or color of it? 
The current font size is too small. Also, only a part of the message shows. One needs to click on the message to view it fully. Either the full message needs to show, or it needs to be a moving one. 

Comments
supreeth K S commented Dec 03 '15, 4:20 a.m. | edited Jul 04 '19, 6:13 p.m.

HI,

I'm looking to notify the RTC users about the outage plan. currently we are in RTC v4.0.6.
Can I know where exactly I can update the information so that users get notified ?
I tried with above steps, but after going to manage project area > I didn't find Members option

Accepted answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Dec 04 '15, 4:08 p.m.
edited Dec 05 '15, 8:58 a.m.
For System Alert option:

If you are concerned about the fonts are too small then probably you can use themes to temporarily set a bigger header alerts top of the WebUI page of each app

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WebUITheming
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 05 '19, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Basically, there are the following options I am aware of:

1. See Zee's accepted answer and create a theme that shows this in the Web UI. This is used by various customers.
  2. See Sec's answer and use LDAP or export users to create user lists and/or a subscription based email mechanism to alert users. Various customers use this for their environments.

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Dec 04 '15, 2:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Here is a topic on how to configure email settings: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tconfigemail.html

permanent link
Sudipto Sarkar (631243) | answered Jul 22 '15, 2:54 a.m.
Hi - For your first question, this may help you.

Go to Manage Project Areas -> Members -> Select Required Members on checkbox -> Click on Member menu -> Click on Invite to join Team.
You will get a mail screen, edit the required fields like (headline and body).

-Sud

Comments
Robert Dumnicki commented Jul 04 '19, 7:10 a.m. | edited Jul 04 '19, 6:09 p.m.
Hi Sud,

Yesterday I followed this instruction, assuming it's the simplest one, yet it had a very undesired side effect: RTC generated a set of standard tasks for joining the team (four tasks) per each notified user, subscribed me to these tasks and sent notifications to users and myself. So I ended up with 4900 e-mails, and moreover hundreds of users started asking me what these tasks are about, so I had to cancel them, which generated another set of notifications for them. It was a nightmare, I spent half a day cleaning this mess.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 04 '19, 6:11 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '19, 6:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, this would be an extremely bad way to notify users.   I've left this thread in the forum as a warning to everyone to not do this. 

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123559) | answered Apr 23 '15, 4:08 a.m.
1. We are used to send email to all our developers simply writing to the JazzUsers LDAP group.
2. We guess you could try to edit the CSS files from server plug-ins to get bigger font size, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.