It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration of External compare tool in RTC

Rajagopal Subhash (1226) | asked Apr 18 '15, 11:54 a.m.
 Hello,
          Is there any way to integrate new compare tool in RTC ?. This tool should be used only for certain type of file extensions. If user selects other files, then default compare tool or the user selected external compare tool should be used.

Regards,
Rajagopal

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 20 '15, 7:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 In the RTC Eclipse client you can configure an external compare merge tool. I think it is completely replacing the built in however.

Comments
Rajagopal Subhash commented Apr 20 '15, 12:06 p.m. | edited Apr 20 '15, 1:27 p.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thanks! for  replying.
         I think you are telling about configuring an new tool in RTC eclipse client in the preference page??
         If Yes, I tried to do it but am not successful in it. 
Below are some of the designs which i have tried and the problems I have faced. Can you please tell me what to do?

1) As above I tried configuring my compare tool as one of the external compare tool but I am not able do that because of access restriction problems. By Access restriction I mean if i import some of the RTC classes , I am getting Access denied error. 
2) As I was concentrating only on Pending changes view.  I thought of adding new commands which will be used for comparison of specific file extensions.
Problems :
  ---- I wanted to display / hide the command based on the file selected, but I was not able to get the selection provider for the view. Every time I try fetch the selection provider for the view, it is returning as null. 
  ---- How can I check out the files from the repository workspace or the stream?
 ----  I am not sure of all the use cases for comparison which already exist for all the files in this view. Is there any document which gives me detailed use cases?

3) Is it possible to hook on the default eclipse editor by using ASPECTJ and then redirect the code? Is it good way to continue with this design?

Regards,
Rajagopal

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.