It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Derby Upgrade issues from 3.0.1.6 iFix 5 to 4.0.0.0 - DB migration failing

Chris Graham (367814) | asked Apr 18 '15, 6:12 a.m.
Hi All.

I'm walking through the point by point upgrade processes from 3.0 -> 3.0.1.0 -> 3.0.1.6 iFix 5 -> 4.0.0.0, and then all the way to 5.0.2 installing each fixpack in turn. Why? I've got this in a VM, and I'm snapshotting each successful upgrade so that I can return to it by cloning a snapshot so that I can test the maven-scm-provider-jazz against any particular release.

I've installed V4 of everything (CCM etc, Eclipse Client, Build Engine and even the Shell).

The last step for me is to perform the DB migration, and I'm getting strange errors, and I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server>upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3016\server\conf"

=============================================

===    JTS Upgrade to 4.0   ===

=============================================

Last execution failed at initial step...

Step 0: Update config files

---------------------------

Directory: "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server"

Command:

repotools-jts.bat -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome="C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3016\server\conf" jtsContextRoot=jts updateTomcatFiles=

yes  newJTSHome="C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server\conf"    lpaContextRoot=admin

Enter [E] to execute this step, [S] to skip it or hit [Enter] to cancel the script execution:

E

Repo Tools

Provisioning using "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".

Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 4.0 (RJF-I20120531-1400)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "bundleresource://154.fwk1097613676/teamserver.properties".

Validating JTS configuration files...

Checking the old JTS version...

CRJAZ2124E The old JTS version could not be determined.  Verify that the oldJTSHome is pointed at the correct installation and specify the version using the oldJTSVe

rsion parameter.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0.  Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server>

If anyone is able to offer any assistance or pointers, then I'd be most appreciative.
Thanks!
-Chris

Comments
Chris Graham commented Apr 18 '15, 6:17 a.m.

Damn it! How do you do proper block quotes on this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chris Graham (367814) | answered Apr 19 '15, 7:34 a.m.
https://jazz.net/library/article/736
Fixed my problems.
Simply adding:

-oldJTSVersion=3.0.1

was what was needed, so the entire line now became:

C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4\server>upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3016\server\conf" -oldJTSVersion=3.0.1
-Chris

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 20 '15, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I think you should go to the latest 4.x instead to to go to 4.0. The reason is that anything we have seen likely to fail the upgrade is fixed in later 4.x versions already.

Comments
Chris Graham commented Apr 20 '15, 8:41 p.m. | edited Apr 20 '15, 8:42 p.m.

Hi Ralph!

Normally, I'd agree with you, going straight to the last version. However, in this instance, I need to roll through each version so that I can revert back to any specific version.

I have RTC in a VMware image, and I am taking a snapshot at every release version so that I can clone a copy of any particular release to test fixes needed for a specific release.

-Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.