It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extracting information’s from plans programmatically

Ratheesh Madathil (1371728) | asked Apr 17 '15, 7:47 a.m.
Does any body has experience with extracting information’s from RTC plans programmatically?
Including the plan attributes like rank, progress etc..

Which APIs are available there? and How a developer can start using these APIs, is there any documentation available.

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 17 '15, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Planning API is internal API and not documented. I would consider filing an enhancement request.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 17 '15, 9:05 a.m.

When you say "internal and not documented", is this like most of the RTC Java API's which are "internal" in that they are not guaranteed to be available in later releases, and are "not documented" because the only documentation is the javadoc you can generate from the source in the SDK?   Or is the Planning API "more internal" (:-) and "less documented" (:-) than usual?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 17 '15, 9:11 a.m. | edited Apr 17 '15, 9:16 a.m.

Geoff,

the client API "Plain Java Client Libraries" comes with a JavaDoc documentation that is public and available for download. It does not contain a hint of the plan API. So officially it is not supported at all, other than the build, work item, interop, scm, reports, process and repository API.

The packages are named com.ibm.team.apt.* as far as I know. They ship with the Plain Java API and the SDK, however most of the classes you need are internal, I think.

You can try to work with them, but there is no documentation around except, maybe, some bits and pieces here in the forum. You can try to look into the source code that is shipped, but that is not necessarily easy.

There are no extension points that we documented any where either e.g. to extend on the server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.