It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I downloaded a ReqIfz file from the RM application, but I can't open it. What tool or application do I need to be able to view and modify the file?

Pooja Srivastava (3011518) | asked Apr 16 '15, 6:53 p.m.
I downloaded a ReqIfz file from the RM application, but I can't open it. What tool or application do I need to be able to view and modify the file?

2 answers

permanent link
Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | answered Nov 10 '16, 1:05 a.m.
Hi

I changed the extension of reqifz to zip. Then unzipped it. It has a reqif file which i was able to open with notepad++. it is in readable form.

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | answered Apr 16 '15, 7:19 p.m.
 The ReqIFz is basically a zip file with the ReqIF xml in it, so several zip management programs can open it and the xml can be viewed / edited in whatever xml editor you prefer.

That being said, you SHOULD NOT manually edit the ReqIF file. It's complex and manually changing probably won't do you much good.

The intent for the generated ReqIFz file is so the requirements and definitions you just exported can be imported in another RNDG instance or another RM tool that supports ReqIF format.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.