It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use the requirements view widget in the dashboard?

Oleg Arsky (111) | asked Apr 16 '15, 2:01 p.m.
 The widget requires 3 fields: project, module and view.

I can define the first 2, but when I try to select a view my choices are empty.

What is a "view" and how can I create it?

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Apr 16 '15, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
   Hi Oleg,

A "View" is the way DNG defines a saved filter, and the context of a View can be scoped to either a project area or a module within the project area. In your example, the Requirements View widget allows you to select a project area View (if you choose None for the Module) or a Module View (if you have a Module selected). 

In order to select a Module view, navigate to the Module which you have selected through the widget, and you should see a section on the left side of the Module page called "Views". You must create a new View from the Module editor in order for the Requirements View Widget to be able to populate the available Views. In order to create a View, you can select from the available filters also present on the left side of the page (e.g. Filter by Tag, Filter by Attribute). Once you have a set of filters defined, you can navigate back to the Views tab and click the "Save as new view" button. Now you should be able to select a View from the Requirements View widget.

In order to create a project area View, you can follow the same steps as above, but you'll need to do this from the Browse Artifacts page instead of the Module page.

Does this make sense? Hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.