It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to links artifacts/Requirements using Custom link in DNG through OSLC rest api

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Apr 14 '15, 11:59 a.m.
edited Apr 14 '15, 12:01 p.m.
Hi,
I have created Custom link in DNG/RRC project area(Setting->Manage Project Properties->Link types->Add). Consider the link type "YYY"(bi-directional yyy1->yyy2)

I want to link RRC/DNG artifacts(Requirement type) using above custom link type("YYY"). How can I achieve this using OSLC rest API. Sample code for same will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance

4 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 17 '15, 9:41 a.m.
Hi,
   In 5.0 you will not be able to create new internal or customer links, you will have to move to 5.0.2.

I think that in 5.0 you will have the links exposed as read only in OSLC GET to teh artifact, entries representing those links will looks like :
 <rm_property:_s2YtoeUGEeSLk4svMxbYqg rdf:resource="https://gradev1.ibm.com:9444/rdm/resources/_pAPcIeT-EeSLk4svMxbYqg"/>

Links only show up in the originator artifact, so if they do not show up in one oslc get try to get the other link end point.

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 17 '15, 9:41 a.m.
Hi,
   In 5.0 you will not be able to create new internal or customer links, you will have to move to 5.0.2.

I think that in 5.0 you will have the links exposed as read only in OSLC GET to teh artifact, entries representing those links will looks like :
 <rm_property:_s2YtoeUGEeSLk4svMxbYqg rdf:resource="https://gradev1.ibm.com:9444/rdm/resources/_pAPcIeT-EeSLk4svMxbYqg"/>

Links only show up in the originator artifact, so if they do not show up in one oslc get try to get the other link end point.

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 15 '15, 8:53 a.m.
You can also use some samples at : https://jazz.net/library/article/1197

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented Apr 17 '15, 4:14 a.m. | edited Apr 17 '15, 4:15 a.m.

Hi Gabriel,
I am using DNG/RRC 5.0 version.
I tried the way you suggested, but I am not getting any data related to custom link in OSLC get response. I have manually added different links in artifact(Internal(Embeds)/Custom), I am getting data for internal links but no data for for the link Satisfaction(Custom link).

However, When I am trying to update the requirement object with internal links(link type-Link) through the OSLC rest api, put operation isĀ  successful but link doesn't appear in artifact.

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 15 '15, 8:52 a.m.
Hi, 
     The support to create internal links via OSLC was added in RDNG 5.0.2. If you are on that version, the easiest way to handle is manually add a link to an artifact, do an OSLC GET to that artifact and you will see how it is represented. Use that to add more entries for new links you want to create.

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented Apr 17 '15, 1:51 a.m.

Hi Gabriel,
I am using DNG/RRC 5.0 version.
I tried the way you suggested, but I am not getting any data related to custom link in OSLC get response. I have manually added different links in artifact(Internal(Embeds)/Custom), I am getting data for internal links but no data for Custom links.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.