It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Download files from changesets

satish chandra (111921) | asked Apr 09 '15, 11:27 a.m.
Hi,

I would like to download the files in changesets that were checked latest during my build. What are the ways to acheive this.

Thanks,
Satish.

4 answers

permanent link
satish chandra (111921) | answered Apr 15 '15, 11:11 a.m.
Hi Arne,

Thanks for the reply..

Do you have an idea on the below link for incremental load
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/6.0M11?p=news#enterprise-extensions.
I think the above requirement can be achieved if we upgrade to RTC 6.0.Do you think the same??

Thanks,
Satish.

Comments
Arne Bister commented Apr 15 '15, 1:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ah, I should have asked more questions first.
What kind of software are you building for which target? If you are building e.g. Cobol for zOS or RPG for iOS then we enter the realm of RTC Enterprise Extensions. For builds pertaining to those I believe the build definition actually does support some sort of incremental load. Can you please specify your build environment / build target a bit more?

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Apr 15 '15, 4:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Satish,

I think I understand your use case: instead of fully loading the build workspace into a clean directory for each build you would like an incremental load which takes into account only the diff of change sets since last build. Notice that change sets can also include deletions, renames or moves. An incremental load would have to know how to deal with these.

Currently there is no ant task in the build toolkit which offers incremental load. However, writing a custom ant task is fairly easy. If you have Java and RTC API skills you can do it yourself following the guidelines in: Adding a custom ant task
Or you can have somebody write the ant task for you, drop it into the build toolkit folder and simply use it from your build.xml

gg,
Arne

permanent link
satish chandra (111921) | answered Apr 15 '15, 3:31 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Here are the steps that  I want to achieve

1) During build, I would like to download only changesets that were delivered from previous builld rather complete source base
2) In the same build process once downloaded I would like to push those files to a remote server.

I want to achieve it using ant tasks instead of the API. Is it possible??

Thanks,
Satish.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Apr 10 '15, 3:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Satish,

simply use the build's snapshot (which gets automatically created) to create --> new Repository Workspace, then load the workspace.
If you want to load single files in a recent change set, display the change set in e.g. change explorer, select the file(s) and --> load.

For different scenarios, e.g. loading folders/files of a set of change sets you would need to code a script to do it. Can you please detail your use case some more? Depending on what you want to achieve (e.g. just "see" the files and its contents can be done without explicitely loading it to disk) there might be different ways.

gg,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.