It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC EE build failure: how to remove extra .projects?

Rossella Donadeo (633) | asked Apr 06 '15, 8:48 a.m.

Hello,

We have a big problem which is stopping the normal RTC EE build processing we have for our product (tws for z/os) and we need to solve it as soon as possible. So I really hope someone could help me to understand how to fix it.

Build is failing because of the following error:

* BUILD FAILED

……….

* Caused by: com.ibm.teamz.fileagent.FileAgentRepositoryException: CRHTC0202E An error occurred while fetching contents from the twsbuild on tws_93_zos_core workspace to the following data set: TWSZ.WCOR.

………..

* Caused by: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemStatusException: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=2 Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories. null children=[Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 /.project (requested to be loaded from both component twsz00_mcsllr and twsz00_waplrex) null]

So I go to check what was wrong with component “twsz00_mcsllr” and “twsz00_waplrex” and  try to understand why this time there was a directory conflict (we run the build every time with success until now..)

The only thing I could find unusual respect to all the other components was that both had an extra .project file: this extra .poject file can be seen only if I start from RTC EE Source Control – show repository files but cannot be seen or manipulated from my local workspace aligned with last changes ( accepted all changes).

I suspect that these extra .project are the cause of failure: waplrex .project was added the 18 of march but no problem occurred in build process until the second one for mcsllr .project was added on  3 of april when build started to fail.

Now my problem is: how can I delete these projetcs? I cannot see or manipulate them from my workspace. I still have to check the original local workspace that originated the extra .project (it is not on my thinkpad) but once I can access it, how can I remove these extra .projects?

I know that components cannot be deleted but only “removed” but I’m not sure this would solve the problem and I we need these components….

Please any suggestion is welcome! I saw an append about the renaming with quotes of “projects” but it is not clear to me how can I apply this in my situation, unless until I have no possibility to manipulate .projects at all (maybe from originating workspace?).

I really need a solution, please help!.

Thanks a lot

Ciao

Rossella  

2 answers

permanent link
Samir Patel (357) | answered Oct 24 '16, 10:15 a.m.
 Thanks for the pointer... We were facing similar issue as well with multiple components havng the extra .project file in the root of the folder. 

Comments
Samir Patel commented Oct 24 '16, 10:16 a.m.

Key was to go the stream itself to see the option to "delete" the file, it was not presented via the workspace screen in Web UI.

permanent link
Rossella Donadeo (633) | answered Apr 06 '15, 4:38 p.m.
Thanks to the precious help of Nicholas Dangeville who suggested me to delete the wrong .projects (.projects at the root of component cause problems) causing the build failure from WEB UI (source Control) instead that from Eclipse IDE I was finally able to delete them.
Rossella

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.