It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why rtc stream component->Show repository file->load as prompt error msg?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Apr 03 '15, 5:07 a.m.
edited Apr 03 '15, 9:38 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
End user asks this question, but I do not know why. 
I explain you should load file from repository works pace, but user says when right click one component in stream, select show->repository files, in the "Repository Files" view, select one file, right click to select "load", the file can download to local file system. But "load as" has errors. 
Who knows the reason?
Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 03 '15, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot load a file from a stream ... you have to load it from a repository workspace.   So the user needs to create a repository workspace for that stream, and then load from that repository workspace.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 06 '15, 8:52 p.m.

I think the confusion here is that you can actually "Load" a file, and you will be prompted for a location to save the file, just like you download a file in a browser, while the "Load As" function denies any action up front.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 07 '15, 2:10 a.m. | edited Apr 07 '15, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I agree that this is a likely cause for confusion.   This form of "load" only works for files, not for directories, and I'm not aware of any way to check-in that file if you make changes to it.  

I've submitted work item The "load" operation on a file in the Repository Files view should be renamed "download" (352345) to try to clear up this confusion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.