It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create new executionresults for existing executionworkitems

Stefan Schmelz (471719) | asked Apr 03 '15, 2:22 a.m.
Hi,

I have a ready made test structure in RQM with test plans, -cases, -scripts, configurations and schedules.
I already have pre-created the TERs.
Now I want to import test results using the excel importer.

I have seen, that for offline testing, the executionresults are pre-created and their ID is used to update upon import. But I have not managed to create the executionresults during the import.

Is that possible???

Thanks
Stefan

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Apr 03 '15, 3:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan,

Can you elaborate a little bit about your requirement?
Do you have the Test Results in excel sheet and you want to create execution results from that excel sheet?
Or you are trying to update the execution result using Offline execution feature?

Comments
Stefan Schmelz commented Apr 07 '15, 2:14 a.m.

Hi Reshma,

it is the first case.
I have Test Results in an excel sheet and I have TERs in RQM and now I want to create new results from those Test Results in Excel.

Reshma Ratnani commented Apr 07 '15, 3:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stefan,

You can use Link attribute to link the result with existing TCER. cfg should have line as below. Column D should have IDs of Test Case Execution Records

executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(D)

Stefan Schmelz commented Apr 14 '15, 11:38 a.m.

Hi Reshma,

thank you for the answer. I have tried this, but I am always getting errors. It seems only to work, if I have a testresult precreated (as is the case for the offline execution). However this is not the intention.

Don Yang commented Apr 21 '15, 6:52 a.m.

Hi, Reshma,

I have similar requests to export the test result from ExcelImporter to the existing TCER. In your comment, you mentioned to have column D with IDs of TCERs. Should this ID be the TCER's ID in GUI or it should be the specified external ID using importer to create TCER previously?
I am wondering if it is possible to import result for the TCER which were created via GUI(no external id) or from excelimporter without specifying external id in the cfg file?
Thank you very much.

Reshma Ratnani commented Apr 27 '15, 5:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stefan,

You can create ExecutionResult by linking to existing TCER using Link attribute. A sample cfg would look as below where column D should have ID(Internal or External) of TCER. You can find the ID value from feed url.

//execution result
executionresult.XLSStartRow=2
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n
executionresult.dc:title=D
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(D)
executionresult.jzalm:state=I
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:steptype="execution"
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:result=I
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:description=E
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:expectedResult=G & image(G)
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:actualResult=H & image(H)
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:comment=L

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.