It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we change state automatically in rtc after more than one approvals?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436395) | asked Apr 01 '15, 9:14 a.m.
Hi,

In a workitem, if there are many approvals added, is it possible that once all the approvals are approved then the state changes?
When I tried to enforce state change on Approved, even if one approver is approving, the state is automatically getting changed.

I want, when all the approvers approve, then state change should be triggered. Is this possible in RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 01 '15, 10:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can configure Work Item Approval Tracking, where a workflow action is triggered on certain events.

Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Apr 01 '15, 12:27 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

I have tried this option. But it changes the state as soon as any one out of many approver approves. I want that if all the approvers approve, only then the state change trigger. Can that be achieved?

sam detweiler commented Apr 01 '15, 12:52 p.m.

no.. The RTC approval model here is ANY approval or rejection not ALL

you could get the source for the IBM advisor and change it to ALL. the source for almost all of the product is in the SDK

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 02 '15, 2:30 a.m.

I would have expected it is moved only if it is finally approved as well. I'll have to try that out. However, you can create your own behavior. The following post pretty much contains what you need:

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/resolve-parent-if-all-children-are-resolved-participant/

You would have to look at the approval during save and figure if it is completely approved and then change the state as above.
The Approval API is touched here:
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 05 '15, 7:34 p.m.
Although you currently would need to provide your own custom adviser to perform this check, it would be reasonable to submit this as an enhancement request to the existing built-in adviser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.