It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve change set based on given IBuildResult object

Lee John (51310) | asked Mar 31 '15, 2:55 a.m.
 How do I retrieve the change set (diff from previous build result) from a given build result object? From the RTC web page, There is a link "Show Change":

when click on it, I can have the corresponding change set diffed from the previous build result:

That way, I can analyze the change set to narrow down the problem space while the test cases broken.

Many thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lee John (51310) | answered Apr 07 '15, 2:21 a.m.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 07 '15, 2:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for sharing!

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 02 '15, 5:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you have to get the snapshot from the build result and / or some other data. The additional data is stored in a build result using IBuildResultContribution(s). To access them see the code below as an example.

ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) fTeamRepository.getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
        IBuildResultContribution[] logs = buildClient.getBuildResultContributions(buildResult,
                new String[]{IBuildResultContribution.LOG_EXTENDED_CONTRIBUTION_ID}, null);

Comments
Lee John commented Apr 02 '15, 5:43 a.m.
Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your quick and helpful response!

I found a link:

which show some code snippet and it seems to be able to satisfy my request. I am still working on to combine the code snippet into a workable complete code...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.