It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter Test case category in RPE

Don Max (241330) | asked Mar 31 '15, 2:46 a.m.
edited Mar 31 '15, 3:45 a.m.
Hi,

Am trying to create report in RPE  which shows Test Case Name & associated Test Scripts. I  want to filter test case based on a custom category. How do i do that.

Please suggest.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Mar 31 '15, 4:45 a.m.
You can use a filter for the testcase query. Select Properties->Data->Filter and in Scripted Filter, you can filter for the category by selecting the custom category attribute in Left operand and setting the value in Right operand.
Don Max selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Max commented Mar 31 '15, 5:12 a.m.

Hi,
  I am not seeing my test case custom attribute in the scripted section. could you please help by giving a screenshot or something

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Mar 31 '15, 7:18 a.m.

Hi Don,
You will not find the custom attribute in the schema. Instead you have to use the "value" with matching "term". I suggest using a special attribute in RPE (please refer the screenshots). If you face any issues, you can send the template so that I can modify it as required.

Regards,
Prasad

Don Max commented Apr 01 '15, 12:19 a.m.

Thank you. 
Am still struggling with some more things. Let know how to reach you.
my email : joemaliyil@gmail.com

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 01 '15, 2:16 a.m.

You can mail the template and brief what issues you are facing. I will look into it.

Regards,
Prasad
subprasad@in.ibm.com

One other answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Mar 31 '15, 4:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Don, the complete process involved in reporting on RQM artifacts using RPE is explained in jazz.net article 1137.
I hope you find it useful?

Regarding your question about filtering test case based on custom category, you could use the last example at the page RQM field examples

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
Don Max commented Mar 31 '15, 5:13 a.m.

I tried this option for filtering. not working..  is there any other way to filter the test case based on categories.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.