It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area Category history (RTC 5.0.2)

Mark Castro (741219) | asked Mar 30 '15, 7:34 p.m.
Hi all i was wondering if there is some way to check on a Project area's category history (filed against).

Its not showing in the Source Configuration XML. Recently we've had a few users hide all categories in a given area and we'd like to see the history so we can advise them on the impact. Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 31 '15, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The categories are apparently not stored in the process XML. So you can't use its history there.

I am not aware of a history view for categories. However, you can only archive them as far as I can tell. You can show the archived categories and you can right click them in the Eclipse client and unarchive them.

Comments
Sudipto Sarkar commented Mar 02 '17, 6:37 a.m. | edited Mar 02 '17, 6:45 a.m.

Is there any updates/solutions  been done in 6.x version to see the history for categories.
The category in the workitem is being used as an input to some plugin and if somebody renames the category, the plugin fails to work. The sad part is I am not able to track who changed the category. Is there way?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.