It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I link form a RTC development plan to a module view?

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Mar 29 '15, 8:33 a.m.
When trying to link to a requirements collection in DNG I can select Collections, Modules or Module Views.

I'm able to create a link to the module itself, but when I want to link to a view within the module I get an error message

"There were problems modifying links that require the referenced resource to maintain a back link".
Error accessing https://server/rm/materializedviews/_5pKDJrtlEeSlEJFd-6gqLQ: Forbidden

What I'm missing here?

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Mar 30 '15, 12:46 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Donat
I believe the issue may lie in what is considered a valid oslc relationship. Linking a development plan using the Implements / Implemented By relationship makes sense for a plan with a module, but I don't think anything more granular that applies to the view within a module is defined in the OSLC specification.  I'm not even sure I see how you could have tried to link to a view within the module as I do not see that option in the link dialog.

Comments
Donat Hutter commented Mar 31 '15, 2:11 a.m.

Sorry, but docu tells something different:

1) test plans: "... you can link test plans to requirement collections, modules, and saved module views in the RM application. "

2) development plans: "Linking collections, modules, and module views to development and test plans"

3) and I can select the views ... but get the error when saving the changed RTC plan.

Rosa Naranjo commented Mar 31 '15, 9:00 a.m. | edited Mar 31 '15, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.