It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC API - Is there a way to check if a specific advisor has ran from within a participant?

Zaid Al-Khishman (351115) | asked Mar 27 '15, 4:50 p.m.
edited Mar 27 '15, 4:53 p.m.
I'm trying to handle the case where a participant is enabled without a corresponding advisor. Is there a way to check if the advisor has already ran from within a paticipant's API?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 28 '15, 5:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you created the code for both, you can add a special save parameter string and test for that in the participant. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ and look for additionalsaveparameter.
Zaid Al-Khishman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Zaid Al-Khishman commented Mar 31 '15, 4:10 p.m. | edited Mar 31 '15, 4:14 p.m.

The problem is here both my advisor and my participant are parts of a deliver operation so I don't think this method can be utilized here. My understanding is that this method assumes that 'operation.getOperationData()' is an instance of ISaveParameter which I don't think is true for a deliver operation. Maybe I missed something here or is there an alternative way to do this for a deliver operation?

I was thinking instead about creating a file using something that is unique and global to the operation via the advisor and deleting it via the participant. Still unsure about what this may imply.

sam detweiler commented Mar 31 '15, 4:28 p.m.

note that you could get multiple concurrent invocations of the advisor/participant chains from requests from multiple clients (client side and web).

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 01 '15, 2:15 a.m.

The additional parameter might be available there as well. I don't know.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 01 '15, 3:04 a.m.

On a second thought, the additional parameters are only available during a save operation. So they don't apply for advisors. I'd suggest to search the Eclipse forum for a way to communicate across extensions. You might have to create your own extension that allows to do this.

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 28 '15, 9:53 a.m.
Not without doing something like Ralph suggests.  The product does not provide any mechanism to log what plugins get called during any transaction

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.