It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclispse C/C++ perspective does not show JAZZ SCM

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Mar 27 '15, 11:00 a.m.
We have Eclipse 3.7.2 with CDT 8.0.2. On top of this we have installed RTC 5.0.1 via P2 repository

We load the components in the following way:
- Create "Makefile Project with Existing code" project
- Load the components into the folder specified above during project creation

The components gets loaded under one C Project

We have the following issues:
- Right click on a file and the "Team" menu (Project / Package Explorer) does not show any RTC SCM sub menu's
- File rename / move done shows in the pending changes as "Deleted" and "new", history is not maintained

I even tested this on the RTC Eclipse client provided by IBM with CDT installed, I get the above mentioned behaviour

Anyone else has experienced this?

How can this be solved? 

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Mar 30 '15, 3:32 a.m.

anyone? 

2 answers

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Apr 01 '15, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Eclipse 3.7 is not supported by Rational Team Concert 5.0.1. Can you try again with one of the supported versions (e.g. 3.6.2.3, 4.2.2.1, 4.3)?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50#B4_Eclipse_IDE_RTC_Eclipse_Clien

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Apr 01 '15, 11:57 a.m.

Thanks Chris. As I mentioned I am able to reproduce this behaviour in RTC Eclipse client  (3.6.x) available in jazz.net

Chris McGee commented Apr 02 '15, 9:04 a.m.

There have been eclipse bugzillas raised against CDT in the past and the fixes may be helpful when using it in conjunction with RTC. Are you able to use a newer supported version of Eclipse and the newest available version of CDT that works with that?

If you still aren't able to get it working in a supported configuration can you contact IBM support and open a PMR for further investigation?

Thank you,
Chris

Karthik Krishnan commented Apr 02 '15, 10:28 a.m.

Hi Chris,

I tired using Luna 4.4.0 with CDT 8.6 with RTC 5.0.1 and still same issue. 

I understand that RTC 5.0.1 client supports Eclipse 4.4.0 https://jazz.net/forum/questions/172674/eclipse-kepler-luna-support-for-rtc-501-p2-repo

Chris McGee commented Apr 02 '15, 11:07 a.m.

Can you contact IBM support and open a PMR? Support should be able to investigate and determine where the bug lies, whether CDT or RTC.

Thank you,
Chris

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 30 '15, 3:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you enabled the capabilities? Eg. go to File>Preferences>General and enable Jazz SCM?

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Mar 30 '15, 3:49 a.m.

Yes Ralph. When we switch to Java perspective, the context menu items are appearing.

Karthik Krishnan commented Mar 30 '15, 4:03 a.m.

Eclipse Indigo does not have "File -> Preferences -> General -> Capabilities" but Eclipse  Luna does have "File -> Preferences -> General -> Capabilities" but I see the following as attached

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.