It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

update TCER custom attribute value at one go similar to Change Owner feature

AnuM C P (15714) | asked Mar 27 '15, 6:47 a.m.
 We are using planned execution date and re-planned execution date from
TCER custom attributes, Can I update the TCER attribute (planned execution date and re-planned execution date) similar to the 'Change Owner' option to set the owner collectively at one go.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 30 '15, 3:44 a.m.
I don't think this is possible in UI for TCER as what you can do for Owner.
If test assets are exported from RQMExcelImporter, potentially you can do a batch export to update the custom attributes which you may want to check with [ Adding custom attributes to an artifact]
in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
AnuM C P selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
AnuM C P (15714) | answered Mar 30 '15, 3:50 a.m.
 Thanks Don, this is the same I too have found. Thanks

permanent link
AnuM C P (15714) | answered Apr 07 '15, 4:20 a.m.
 Reason for the limitation: the default attributes (Like the Owner field) has the values pre-defined and hence
it allows for the bulk change , where as through custom attributes we allow dynamic values to be updated and not picking a predefined values.

A workaround is to use the Artifact Categories instead of the 'Custom Attributes'.

From the qm/web ,navigate to "Manage Project Properties" Go to "Artifact Categories" ,and create Categories for TCER and add the value for all dates (this is a manual Job to be done).

Now come back to the TCER Table view and add this category as a new column and you can bulk update the values in one go.

Recommend to open a RFE if required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.