It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I find more about what a Jazz Admin can do?

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Mar 24 '15, 12:56 p.m.
edited Mar 24 '15, 5:12 p.m. by Patrick Remington (2013)
A person that has the Jazz Admin repository permission has, among his/her capabilities, the ability to delete certain assets and override certain policy rules in RTC and the other CLM tools.  Where can I find a detailed description of these capabilities?  I can't seem to locate anything in CLM help.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 24 '15, 3:10 p.m.
Here's what I know from several years in the Jazz Admin role:
  • Perform configuration tasks of the application ( from the /admin page )
  • Add users or import users into the repository
  • Change license assignments ( add / drop )
  • Install licenses ( where applicable )
  • Create Friends and approve friendship requests
  • Monitor and execute data warehouse jobs ( so can JazzDWAdmin )
  • Create project areas, add/remove members and/or administrators
  • See all elements of any project area, modify lots
  • Delete work items if also assigned a role with that permission
  • Modify project configuration
  • QM Build Provider configuration
  • Some aspects of QM and RM project property configuration
I didn't see much in a quick search in the Knowledge Center

Comments
Patrick Remington commented Mar 24 '15, 5:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In addition to, and in some cases overlapping, Kevin's list, you might gain some understanding of other capabilities by looking at Table 3 under the heading "Repository group permissions" in http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

Ken Murphy commented Mar 25 '15, 10:29 a.m.

Thank you Kevin and Patrick.  I am aware of all of these capabilities as I have been a Jazz Admin since 2010.  And thank you, Patrick for the links to the 5.0.2 help.  It looks like the help has been beefed up a bit with regard to help on various permissions in 5.0.2 as compared to the 4.0.3 help.  The one thing I would still like to find documented somewhere is a list of the capabilities that a Jazz Admin can override.  For example, I know that a Jazz Admin can override the Deliver operation when there is an error in a Change Set.  But, I don't see this kind of thing documented anywhere.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.