It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically register time spent on TSER's

Jan Sorensen (1327) | asked Mar 24 '15, 9:00 a.m.
edited Mar 24 '15, 9:00 a.m.

Hi all

There is no way i can get my testers to register how much time they spend on each TSER, so is there anyway this can be recorded automatically ? It should be a simple task: register when the test starts and when its stopped (regardless of status).

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 25 '15, 7:00 a.m. | edited Mar 26 '15, 8:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don Yang commented Mar 26 '15, 11:17 p.m.

I guess the concern is that the tool only allows the user to manually set the time spent but not automatically record the time spent by some mechanism(by starting time - stoping time for example). But I think it is very reasonable that users have to manually input the time spent because if the tool record the starting time as the calculation start point, it will create unreal time spent range as in may cases, when someone start the TSER, the real testers are not starting their own test from within the execution console immediately. Hence the recorded starting time is not realistic and can not be used for calculation. Not sure if this is the consideration behind the design though.

Jan Sorensen commented Mar 27 '15, 2:59 a.m.

The only thing about the testers having to register time themselves is, that they will forget it as they have much other things to worry about.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 27 '15, 6:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In addition, the test suite result contains the start/end time of the execution.  Otherwise, please open an enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.