It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I promote OAR items in RTC on IBMi from Dev to Test

Phil Catlin (336) | asked Mar 24 '15, 7:31 a.m.
I've got a promotion definition, and it successfully promotes source based items from the Dev libraries to the Test libraries, (both library sets are on the same IBM i.)
However...
I've also got a component that is objects only.  These are being built with a program generator tool, so all I want to do is move is the compiled object from a Dev Library to a Test library preferably using promote.

I've created a task and imported the *PGM objects as OAR files into an IBM i project, The project flows to the correct stream and I can see the objects there, when I run the task based promotion, the change set is shown in the preview, but there are no objects in the list to promote.

Using RTC version 5.02

One answer

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered Mar 25 '15, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Phil,

Yes, OAR files are not yet supported by the IBM i dependency build definition or by promotion.

There is an enhancement for this - it is currently unplanned.  The enhancement is 181291, users are invited to comment or to vote.

Regards,
Al

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.