It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to accept changes in individual files in a changeset rather that the whole set?

Eddie Breeveld (6112530) | asked Mar 24 '15, 6:12 a.m.
edited Mar 24 '15, 6:15 a.m.
The issue in a nutshell is that when merging changes from a different steam, and one changeset has files with different encodings, it causes a Java Null Pointer Exception (NPE).  Is there a way to accept changes in individual files in a changeset rather that the whole set? I can then accept most of the changes and manually do the odd ones.

This is a known defect Defect (335164 -
NPE merging an encoding change in the Gap workflow) in version 4.0.7 of RTC.  This is marked as fixed in 6.0 Sprint 7, but we cannot upgrade the RTC server for some time.  Does anybody know of a workaround?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Mar 24 '15, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 25 '15, 10:10 a.m.
You can create a patch from the change set and apply that to your workspace. Then you can mark the conflicts as resolved when you commit the changes. 

In the Eclipse client, you can create a patch from one or more change sets by selecting them an running 'New > Patch'. That will place a patch into your Pending Changes view. You can then apply the specific changes you care about. 
Eddie Breeveld selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eddie Breeveld commented Mar 25 '15, 5:50 a.m.

Great!  But how do you create a patch from a delivered changeset?

Evan Hughes commented Mar 25 '15, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've expanded the answer to be more explicit. If you want more details, let me know.

Eddie Breeveld commented Mar 25 '15, 10:22 a.m.

Thanks again, this works well.  I did a "Show > History" in the stream, double-clicked on the relevant changeset, in the change summary selected some files/folders and right-clicked New > Patch....

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 24 '15, 6:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Eddie, as soon as a change set is completed, you can not move changes out of it into another change set.
Before a change set is completed, you can move changes out of it into another change set. One customer has actually created some extension to make sure that a change set only contains changes to one file, to allow cherry picking.

You could ask for a fixpack for your version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.