It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Copy" an editor presentation?

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Mar 23 '15, 9:51 a.m.
CLM 405
Formal Process Template

Hello, I need a "copy" of the com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default presentation. I would like 90% of the same fields...just no Found In or Severity. How can I accomplish this?

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 23 '15, 10:00 a.m.
technically there is no support for doing this.

some have edited the process config XML.. but as the detail is not documented, there is no mechanism to insure you go it all.

what I have done

1. Extract the process template from a project you know has almost all you need,
  2. import that template into the other server, or even this one, under a different process name
  3. create a project from that process template
  4. edit out the fields you want removed
  5. verify it works
  6. extract that projects process template
  7. import THAT process template as the new model template
  8. use this NEW imported template as the base for all new projects

the reason for steps 4-7 is to remove attributes you do not want from the database for those new projects.

note there is currently no way to cleanup extra process templates. I created a utility early last year tp disconnect  created projects history links, so that the old process templates could be deleted. 

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Mar 23 '15, 2:08 p.m.
You can duplicate an editor presentation using the Eclipse client. But be aware there are some caveats. You will get actually a shared copy and not a full copy (which means the changes in the duplicated copy will affect the original one).

There is more information here, and you also try the suggested workaround from Marcel Bihr

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/25385/how-to-duplicate-an-existing-work-item-presentation-editor

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.