It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Triggers in Jazz, do they exist?

Mario Coluzzi (358) | asked Mar 23 '15, 7:18 a.m.
Hello Community,

I am in need  to create and implement a lock mechanisms for Tasks and Defects in JAZZ-RTC but it looks like that is neither possible or nor it is implemented, is that true?

- In my case I have several users that reuse Tasks or Defects all over again and this had lead to big problems because it is neither an AGILE approach nor method. 

- I want also to close a Task or Activity and not let the user to be able to reopen it once he/she has delivered the changes files modifications with it

- Also I was wondering if there is a way to create parent child relationship and close the parent ONLY when all the child activities are closed 

. . . .  yes exactly like ClearQuest all over again, because that was a very useful and working method.

I wonder if any latest RTC version has this IMPORTANT FEATURE addressed?

Regards,

Mario

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 23 '15, 7:34 a.m.
neither of those two behaviors are provided by the product. but both are possible.

you would have to write server side extensions, both advisors.
see https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

on the first, you would prevent saving the workitem if the state was previously closed,  and assign that to all roles you want to prevent re-opening or modifying those workitems. leave one role open to be able to fix things.

parent/child is a normal relationship. just no enforcement of all children closed.

there is  also no enforcement of Blocks/Depends on. I provide a sample plugin source here
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/64268/operation-advisor-custom-precondition-for-work-items

Comments
Mario Coluzzi commented Mar 23 '15, 7:58 a.m. | edited Mar 23 '15, 8:13 a.m.
Hi Sam

Thank you for your quick reply! I will read/study the document provided in the link.

Cheers,

M.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.