It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to achiee save functionality of workitem.

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked Mar 23 '15, 2:22 a.m.
Hi,
When I am creating work item in CCM, I have to achieve save functionality i.e When I save the work item after filled all the required fields in the work item, I have to save that work item and that saved work item should be visible to only me. I don't want to submit it. If I submit it then it will visible to all, I don't want this feature. Could you please tell me how to achieve this in CCM.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 23 '15, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no private work items in RTC. Work Items when saved are always visible to all with the access. You can restrict access to work items using restricted access https://jazz.net/library/article/554 which works based on access groups. You can limit visibility to the users that can access a project area using an ACL.

That is all there is.

Comments
Vikash Singh commented Mar 25 '15, 5:18 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for your reply, However my requirement is separate save and submit functionality Which is combined in current save button.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 25 '15, 5:22 a.m.

Then, I think your only option is to create an enhancement request with support. Good luck.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 25 '15, 5:30 a.m.

Last option would be to create a special follow up action that tries to find an access group that only contains the owner (or creates such an access group and then sets the read access restriction to that group).

Note, if you want to create access groups the user performing the save would have to have JazzAdmin permission to create access groups. So you either rely on the group exists already or prevent the item from being initially saved if not, or the work item would be visible to whatever access group you default to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.