It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC can hook e-mail notifications to specific actions on the workflow?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 20 '15, 4:17 p.m.

Hello,

can I hook specific e-mail templates notifications to specific actions on the work flow?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 23 '15, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would be possible to, for example, create a follow up action as an extension to the server, that could send notifications to users. This would be an extra functionality and use the API. I don't have an example right now, but I know that customers have created their own behavior for e-mail notification based on extensions.
These extensions can act on any data available in the work item.
Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 23 '15, 10:44 a.m.

That sound a good idea! I will try that way, if you can share any part any example how they made I will appreciate.

Thank you!!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '15, 11:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

All i have is here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=participant if you follow the suggested reading, you should be able to find the e-mail service and be able to use it.

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 20 '15, 4:21 p.m.
the template fires for a workitem save. you can code the template to generate different output for different states..  you can't make different templates for different states.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 20 '15, 4:37 p.m.

Yeah I know but coding one template is not enough when you want to give specific directions to specific people, depending of the situation od the work item, if code that will be a huge coding content with a lot of conditionals, and the distribution list should also be different depending of the situation of the work items, do you know any example? for this?

sam detweiler commented Mar 20 '15, 5:03 p.m. | edited Mar 21 '15, 9:34 p.m.

well, i hear ya,,

here is a tiny script I built.. if one of the users is the special id (this template gets called for each subscriber one at a time), the generated message is different (this supported a lightweight integration with another
system, where only the last comment matters, and a special message format was required)

if (${recipient}=="special")

if(${workItem.get("special_id")} ne "")

CCN:${workItem.get("special_id")}
Internal ONLY
NOCHANGE

foreach($comment in ${workItem.comments.mostRecentFirst.takeFirst(1)})

${comment.description}

end

end

else

Web UI: ${workItem.URL}

Id:            ${workItem.identifier}
Type:          ${workItem.type}
Summary:       ${workItem.title}

if(${workItem.teamArea})

Team Area:     ${workItem.teamArea} / ${workItem.projectArea}

else

Project Area:  ${workItem.projectArea}

end

Filed Against: ${workItem.categoryName}

${change.contributor.name}#if(${change.contributor.emailAddress}) <${change.contributor.emailAddress}>#end changed on ${change.date.fullDate} at ${change.date.fullTime}:

${change.description}

You are receiving this mail because you are ${recipientRelation.description} ${recipientRelation.abbreviation} of this work item.

end

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 20 '15, 6:09 p.m.

I see, thank you for share your script, keeping in mind that just the subscribers will get the generic template content.

sam detweiler commented Mar 20 '15, 6:17 p.m. | edited Mar 21 '15, 9:34 p.m.

Again. The RTC design will call the script once for each subscriber. There is no generic call once, you decide what to do for everyone function

and to clarify, ONLY for the subscribers that have NOT disabled notifications in their user profile email config.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.