It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

UNIX File Permissions in RTC SCM not preserved?

satish chandra (111921) | asked Mar 20 '15, 6:49 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '15, 8:19 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,

I have a problem with file persmissions for a particular file in Linux environment. The following are the steps for the problem

- I have create a file AAA.sh in linux, it has read execute permission and it has been delivered to stream
-I am trying to load the using scm commands on linux command but we see that executable permissions are  gone
ie to -rw-r--r-- but the expected result is -rwxr-xr-x--

Observations:
- When we changed the file to executable in Jazz property, delivered to stream. Then only owner has executable permission  i.e. –rwxr-r-r
-
Also when I see jazz forum that RTC doesn't store the file permission. Is it still the case with version RTC 4.0.4 ??(we are using)

Can I get any solution/workaround??

One answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Mar 23 '15, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC SCM maintains user-level execute permission. It does not store other permissions. If you want group permissions to be maintained you will have to write a script. 

If you want to see that functionality added to RTC, there's a work item about the issue

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.