It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sort work item query results by the number of subscribers?

Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | asked Mar 13 '15, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd like to sort a work item query by the number of subscribers on each work item. How can I do that?

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 13 '15, 4:17 p.m.
In just looking at the attributes one can include in a query -- probably no way.

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Mar 14 '15, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you can update the project area there may be a way to keep track using a calculated value script. I haven't tried this but you may be able add an attribute "subscriberCount" to the Type, make it dependent upon Subscribed By, then create a calculated value script that set the value to the number of subscribers.  To update past items, you could make the count dependent on another attribute (e.g., a another dummy attribute) and do a bulk change on the other attribute to trigger the subscriberCount calculation.

Lawrence Smith [IBM]

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Mar 14 '15, 9:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wrote a script that walks all of the open work items in a category hierarchy and writes a .csv file showing the number of number of subscribers, votes, id, and summary.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.