It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions about RQM, RTC upgrade and RRDI installation with websphere

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Mar 12 '15, 5:29 p.m.
 Hello, 
We are planning to upgrade from RTC and RQM 4.0.6 to  5.0.2, and also to include RRDI.
Currently using Tomcat with RTC/RQM but RRDI uses websphere, so we plan to make the upgrade.

1. Is websphere requieres for RTC and RQM 5.0.2?
2. If we use websphere, we have to purchase the licences separately? (I guess CLM 5.0.2 doesn't include the websphere installing?)
3. In the downloads page says that "Each valid client license includes a license to run one instance of WebSphere Application Server in support of Rational Team Concert" but is it the express edition? Because RRDI doesn't seem to be comaptible with express editions of websphere.

Thanks for the attention

Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 13 '15, 6:19 a.m.
Hello Marinept,

my feedback on your questions:
  1. You need Websphere for RRDI but CLM (JTS / RTC / RQM / RM) can be hosted either on Tomcat or on Websphere. RRDI can be integrated in both cases.
  2. If you purchase a CLM license you are entitled to one Websphere and one DB2 licenses limited to the usage with CLM. As RRDI is an optional component of CLM this extends to it as well. You can download the Websphere package from Passport Advantage.
  3. The one you download from Passport Advantage is the standard edition.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best Regards
Marinept Villalobos selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
June Boston (1942438) | answered Mar 12 '15, 8:33 p.m.
 1. WebSphere is required for the CLM applications if you are linking them with RRDI

2. I download WebSphere via the Software Access Catalog, though I'm not sure what kind of access you have to that (we are business partners).  I've never had to give WebSphere a license file, I don't think there's actually that sort of DRM built into WebSphere.  I assume that the possession of CLM licenses makes it legal to use.

3. You should have access to the non-express edition.  If you can't get to the IBM SAC then I think there's a place where customers download their purchased applications, and by purchasing CLM you should see WAS in there too.  It's been a while since I accessed things through customer download.

Comments
Marinept Villalobos commented Mar 13 '15, 9:31 a.m.

I asked this mainly because I have been using WAS for developers, but I guess the company would need to purchase the standard edition of WAS instead of express ones.

Thanks for the feedback

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.