It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

So I download your RTC-Client-p2Repo-5.0.2 file and try to open it or use it a an install location in eclipse and its bad

Garry Sager (033) | asked Mar 11 '15, 3:12 p.m.
So what am I supposed to do to update my eclipe rtc client with another hour download and fail.  Why isn't your product backward compilable so I wouldn't have to ever install this junk again.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 11 '15, 3:29 p.m.
Hm.. I downloaded, unzipped, then used the Eclipse ->Help->add new software, added a relo location where I unzipped and it worked fine.

I am running a later version of eclipse.

I also downloaded the pre-installed eclipse bundle and used that successfully to.

can you tell us more about the Eclipse environment (version, java, etc) you are updating from

Comments
Garry Sager commented Mar 11 '15, 3:48 p.m. | edited Mar 11 '15, 3:50 p.m.

Version: 3.6.2
Java 1.6
I downloaded it again and 7zip won't open it as a zip file
I downloaded it from here
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2/RTC-Client-p2Repo-5.0.2.zip

sam detweiler commented Mar 11 '15, 4:34 p.m.

Hm.. I just downloaded again, and 7zip opened it just fine

Garry Sager commented Mar 12 '15, 5:19 a.m.

So I finally got something downloaded onto a different system  and copied it over the network but then another issue   I would include the image but I can't It complains
The Installation Manager's registry information is inconsistent with its installation information. So off to another 1 hr download hope this works.

Garry Sager commented Mar 12 '15, 5:24 a.m.

So I finally got something downloaded onto a different system  and copied it over the network but then another issue   I would include the image but I can't It complains
The Installation Manager's registry information is inconsistent with its installation information. So off to another 1 hr download hope this works.

Garry Sager commented Mar 12 '15, 6:31 a.m.

Well I finally got the zip to work by downloading it to a different pc and coping it.  The download to my windows8.1 system never ended up with a valid zip. Never had problems with other peoples zips including very large ones.  But of course that was an issue since eclipse doesn't start after doing the update
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/eclipse/core/internal/preferences/PreferencesService.getDefaultDefaultLookupOrder()[Ljava/lang/String;
    at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.initializePreferenceLookupOrder(ResourcesPlugin.java:422)

What a joy updating a product that was at least working

Garry Sager commented Mar 12 '15, 7:05 a.m.

Well Since I have 5 different versions of eclipse I installed into yet another one and this one actually works,

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.