It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS install...is something missing?

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Mar 09 '15, 8:39 a.m.
First time WAS installer. I have someone who has installed WAS in the past with me as well.

The WAS 8.5.5 that comes with the CLM 502 shows the following (see pic). Are we missing the "main" application? Or is it now called something else?

IM Install of WAS

3 answers

permanent link
Mahari Hill (4861169230) | answered Apr 02 '15, 1:47 p.m.
Found the issue.

I was installing unzipping WAS in one directory, and then unpacking the Supplement in the same directory, which seemed to have somehow overwritten the repository.config file. When I unpacked them both in separate directories, everything was there.

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Mar 09 '15, 11:32 p.m.
Hi Mahari

The installation process remains the same.

You need to download the WAS8.5.5 base installers first and install them.

After that you need to install supplements IHS and plugins incase you plan to implement them.

Details:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQTP_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/ae/v855roadmap.html

Thanks,
Rohit

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 09 '15, 3:27 p.m.
Hello,Mahari,,
It looks like the suplemental image was downloaded.  use this to install the IHS server and Websphere plugin when setting up the reverse proxy.
Please check to see if there are other images for Websphere that can be downloaded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.