It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Distributed SCM restricted by one or more license keys?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Mar 07 '15, 9:04 p.m.
I'm attempting to use Distributed SCM to move source from one repository to another.

I've looked and I have an RTC Developer Floating licnese on both servers, so I don't believe they are workgroup/10 free licenses.  However, when I add the component from one repository into a Repository Workspace on the 2nd repository, I get the following error:

Distribution of source control artifacts with other servers is restricted by one or more license keys installed on your server.
Distribution of source control artifacts with other servers is restricted by one or more license keys installed on your server.

Can someone point me to what may be the issue?  I'm not sure what may be the problem since I'm only read of problems with trial licenses and I have Developer-Floating on each server.

Susan

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 07 '15, 11:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Distributed SCM is disabled if you have any Workgroup licenses on your license server (so it is not enough to have an RTC Developer Floating license, you also need to not have any Workgroup licenses available on your license server).  If you have no Workgroup licenses on your license server, then we'll need someone with greater licensing expertise to chime in.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '15, 8:34 a.m.

Also the 10Free disables distributed SCM.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '15, 8:38 a.m.

What licenses do you see if you list them (on both servers)?

Susan Hanson commented Mar 09 '15, 1:49 p.m.

In my "target" server, I see these under "Floating License Server"
Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0 Analyst-Floating 
Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0 Contributor-Floating 
Rational Quality Manager 5.0 Contributor-Floating 
Rational Quality Manager 5.0 Quality Professional-Floating 
Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0 Contributor-Floating 
Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0 Practitioner-Floating 
Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0 Stakeholder-Floating 
Rational Team Concert 5.0 Contributor-Floating 
Rational Team Concert 5.0 Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms-Floating 
Rational Team Concert 5.0 Developer-Floating 
Rational Team Concert 5.0 Stakeholder-Floating 

Susan

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '15, 5:00 p.m.

As I tried to say with "on both servers" if you have the wrong licenses installed on any one of the servers distributed SCM Will not work. We need both servers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.