It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is RQM Actual Result Status Derived or Configured?

w h (191824) | asked Mar 06 '15, 5:17 p.m.
edited Mar 06 '15, 6:22 p.m. by David Walker (2264)

1. Is there any documentation on how Actual Result Status is derived? I can have 10 Test Steps, 9 Pass but one Fails and Actual Result is marked as Failed.  If I have 9 Passed, 1 Defered, 1 Inconclusive, and the Actual Result if Defered.  If the TC weight is 100, the Pass weight will be 80-90% -- it's hard to explain the Actual Result logic to Testers without some reference.

2. Is there a way to configure this logic? For example I have 10 Test Script steps, 9 Pass, 1 is Inconclusive, I want Actual Result to be Passed.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
David Walker (2264) | answered Mar 06 '15, 6:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The logic shows the highest severity result among the results for each step. I do not think that the logic is configurable. However, you have at least two options for customizing the Actual result:
  • Remove or rename execution states
  • Manually update the Actual Result value according to your team practice
Remove or rename execution states
An administrator can remove or rename execution states by clicking the 
Admin  icon at the upper, right part of the banner, selecting Manage Project Properties, and then clicking Execution States.

The execution result states are only configurable for the overall result of the test case execution. Changes do not apply to the individual test script step result states, test suite result states, or reports that display weight distribution.

For more info, see Test execution results.

Manually update the Actual Result value
The Running a test case topic provides the info in step 11:
10. When the test run is complete, click Show result to view the test case result.
11. Update the test case result as required, and click Save to save your updates.

For example, you can modify the Actual Result value, provide a detailed description in the Notes section, or modify the weight distribution in the Weight Distribution section. After you edit, be sure to click Save to save your changes.

Note:

To change the Actual Result value in a test case result, you must have the Save Test Case Result: Edit Actual Result permission."

Comments
w h commented Mar 09 '15, 3:04 p.m.

Thanks for the response! Is there an ordered list of system statuses from Highest to Lowest Severity? The system list is ordered with 1. Passed, and Inconclusive comes before Failed, so I cannot go off the system order.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.