It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build engine not picking up builds

Rodrigo Campos (1037) | asked Mar 06 '15, 8:01 a.m.
 Hi

I have started with rtc this week, I have a legacy Rtc 4 with a build engine running. 

I can build 1 project using maven, when I try to run others or copy the one that is working the build engine doesn't pick the build,  it says "pending"  and when I check there's no build engine assigned to the triggered build. 

How can I debug this? Where can I find the build engine logs? And jazz server logs? 

If anyone has any ideas to help me out would be appreciated. 

Thank you very much. 

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 06 '15, 8:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Make sure that the build definition has a build engine associated to it.  Also the engine is single threaded so if there is one build already being run by the engine the request will remain in pending until the other build completes.  So I would check the engine output first and see if it is running a build or if it is idling.

Comments
Rodrigo Campos commented Mar 06 '15, 8:42 a.m.

hi Spencer, 

Thanks for the reply, I already checked the build Def there's just this one build engine and I'm defined the build engine explicit to the build. 

But when I run it it just says pending and when I check the pending on jazz Web, there's no build engine assigned. 

Also there's no other builds on queue. 

If you could please help me out to find the build engine logs would be awesome,sincr pending builds doesn't generate logs on ui. 

Thanks again 

Spencer Murata commented Mar 06 '15, 9:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There won't be a log generated anywhere.  Pending means that no engine has picked up the build.  So it is waiting for an engine to connect to RTC and claim it.  If you generated an explicit engine for this new definition then you will need to start an engine with an ID matching that new engine.  Does anything appear in the engine shell?

Rodrigo Campos commented Mar 09 '15, 10:07 a.m.

Hi Spencer, thanks for the help, I've manage to get it working now after checking those things.

One more question, how can I check the engine shell? Could you please let me know, would be great.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.