It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set case sensitivity for RTC logins with Websphere

Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | asked Mar 05 '15, 7:57 a.m.
edited Mar 06 '15, 12:44 a.m.
Hi,

I have read several documents in web related to Websphere setup with RTC and LDAP ( Active Directory) integrated

We have moved from Tomcat(bundled with RTC)  to Websphere 8.5.5 for RTC(4.0.6)  and we want to retain the same LDAP settings.

We have RTC logins as case sensitive and want to retain the same even with Websphere migration.

• In JTS advanced page, we have  case insensitive user ID matching set to false
  • In Websphere, in LDAP settings,
if we select 
U

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 05 '15, 8:44 a.m.

We migrated to WebSphere from tomcat w/o any issues of this sort.   In our Global Security / Standalone LDAP realm, ignore case for authorization is checked.  Non of the case sensitive settings was changed in any CLM application from their pre-websphere days. 

Do you have the case sensitive the same in ALL applications ( not just the JTS ) ?

Not sure if this is a typo, but you mixed case of UserA -- assuming that's a real example ( USerA )

One answer

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | answered Mar 06 '15, 12:32 a.m.

Hi Kevin,

We had the setting to case sensitive in JTS for RTC. We didnt make any change to the setting after the initial setup.

Sorry, that was a typo. The two user IDs are USerA and usera

On selecting Ignore case for authorization in WAS   it is still not case sensitive in RTC.

setting Use case insensitive user ID matching to true or false in JTS page has not effect.

Am i missing any specific change required in WAS or JTS ?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 06 '15, 10:15 a.m. | edited Mar 06 '15, 10:18 a.m.

Ok, this is weird.   I was able to login to a couple of different RTC we have ( one has case insensitive = true, another false ) using a mixed case version of my ID.   My expectation would to have been rejected on the RTC with case insensitive  = false.

Let me try with mixed case / bad password to see what WebSphere logs.

WebSphere logs the ID in the same case as I entered it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.