It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing templates in to Rational DOORS next generation

Harish C (646) | asked Mar 05 '15, 4:37 a.m.
 Hi,
     I would like to know whether is it possible to import .doc and .pdf format templates in to DOORS next gen.If it is possible please let me know the procedure to do the same.

One answer

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Mar 06 '15, 4:47 a.m.
You can upload Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) templates which in turn can call up Word templates for part (but not all) of the document content. DOORS NG comes with some RPE templates built in and you could change the Word part of these templates without having to have RPE - but the changes would be cosmetic (like changing the front cover logo and font sizes) not actual content changes. If this is what you want to do let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

However you cannot, as far as I am aware, upload pure Word templates and I am not aware of any form of PDF template.

The relevant 5.0.2 manual pages start at:  Reporting Manual but these describe all forms of reporting and don't make it clear (in my opinion). If you want to start creating RPE templates you need RPE itself (separate license) and then these pages may help: Reporting Wiki

Ali

Comments
Martin Kern commented Dec 10 '15, 11:48 a.m. | edited Jan 18 '16, 6:36 p.m.

hi,

@Alastair Beadle:
Please can you explain to how to change the front cover logo without using RPE?

THX, MK

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.