It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to include selective changesets from a work item for a particular build?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Mar 05 '15, 2:21 a.m.
converted Mar 05 '15, 2:12 p.m.
Thanks.

How if -
I create workitem for March release and another work item for June release.  
All changes to go in March release should be delivered against March WI. Similarly all changes to go in June release should go in June WI.
Now if there is a common file in March WI and June WI. And if I accept the incoming from March WI, the changeses related to same file from June WI won't be seen in March release.....is that correct?

let me know if there are any other options to handle this scenario...

Comments
Evan Hughes commented Mar 09 '15, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Instead of using work items to move change sets between workspaces and streams, you should use streams. Create a stream for each release and flow changes from March to June manually or using a build

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Mar 06 '15, 2:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Patil,

your headline question does not match the content as far as I can tell.
To understand the challenge you are trying to solve I think we need to clarify some basics first:
- change sets get delivered between streams or from workspace to stream
- a change set can be linked to one or several work items
- several modifications to a single file can be done in different streams/workspaces, resulting in different change sets. These change sets could be linked to different or the same work item, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

When running an RTC build with SCM, the build definition is tied to a workspace which has a stream as a flow target. Change sets in that stream are flowed to the workspace, the workspace is loaded, software is build and work items which are linked to the new change sets are then marked as "included in build".
If this is not the desired behavior please describe in more detail your stream strategy and what exactly you expect to see.

Please find more information in the SCM FAQ and also Stream Strategies.

Best,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.