It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SPoRT vs RTC for APAR workflow

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Mar 04 '15, 12:05 p.m.
Hi I am the RTC Administrator for my team and we are looking into implementing the APAR workitem/workflow in our RTC, I am very familiar with the apar workitem/workflow as we implemented this 4 years ago on my prior team in RTC. Currently our RTC on this team is only used for Source Control for internally developed tools as well as defects. I was recently made aware of the SPoRT product and was wondering if anyone could point me to some documentation on what that product is. I was asked why don't we use SpoRT to implement the Apar workitem/workflow but without knowledge of the strengths /weaknesses of this product I am not sure if that is possible.I assumed it was integrated into RTC and not a replacement for RTC apar workflow. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also if anyone has any best practices or opinions of how we should go about Apar workitem/workflow implementation, please share.

3 answers

permanent link
Simon Washbrook (67216) | answered Mar 04 '15, 12:15 p.m.
Hi Brandy,

I think your problem has already been solved by the Rational development and support team. They implemented the work flow in our ROCR RTC instance. The team lead for this project is Alice Connors. I suggest you contact her directly, see Blue Pages for her contact information.

Best regards,
Simon

Comments
Brandy Guillory commented Mar 04 '15, 12:19 p.m. | edited Mar 04 '15, 12:20 p.m.

Hi Simon,

thank you for your contact. I will reach out to her. I was also looking forĀ  more info on SPoRT as well, which is my real reason for posting

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 04 '15, 12:24 p.m.

Here is IBM internal link to SPoRT information:

SPoRT Project Details

permanent link
Simon Washbrook (67216) | answered Mar 04 '15, 12:33 p.m.
Hi Brandy,
Try here for more information about SPoRT: http://vortex.svl.ibm.com/ratweb/node/70

The I can't vouch for how recent that information is. There is a list of contacts though.

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Mar 04 '15, 1:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The SPoRT home page is here:
http://rtpgsa.ibm.com/projects/s/sdwbdoc/www/SPoRT/

It currently provides a bridge between RTC and ReTAIN for APAR and PTF manipulation.  To quote from their home page:
SPoRT is a strategic Corporate Tool that provides a bidirectional bridge between problem tracking systems. It supports a structured, yet extremely configurable, software service process. SPoRT supports the interoperability between Remote Technical Assistance Information Network (RETAIN) and Rational Team Concert (RTC).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.