It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Use Work Item command Line (WCL)?

Aju Samuel Raju (362710) | asked Mar 04 '15, 9:13 a.m.
edited Mar 05 '15, 2:40 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi
 I want to automate the creation of work item using Work Item Command line 2.2. I am working on IBM CLM 5.0.2.
 My system is installed with JAZZ TEAM server and  RTC  Eclipse client .  I hav followed the steps   described in
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/a-rtc-workitem-command-line-version-2-2/ .

Can  Any one help me  to use it properly.
Why the WCL is  unsupported ?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 04 '15, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The WCL is unsupported because it is not a part of the IBM release ... anyone is welcome to make code or programs available that use the IBM tool API's to provide value-add function.  If you want a feature like this to be made part of the IBM release, you can submit an enhancement request.  In general, it is far easier to create an extension that does not satisfy all of the requirements of a released and supported IBM product.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 05 '15, 2:37 a.m.
I would suggest to follow the links in the Setup and Usage section of that post

Setup and Usage

Follow the description in A RTC WorkItem Command Line Version 2 and in A RTC WorkItem Command Line Version 2.1. Check the README.txt which is included in the downloads.

Read the material, it should answer all questions you could have.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '15, 2:45 a.m.

SANDEEP ADIMADHYAM commented Mar 05 '15, 4:30 a.m. | edited Mar 29 '15, 3:15 p.m.

Do you foresee any risks in using this approach to develop a CI system with automatic defect generation using workitem CLI?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '15, 5:07 a.m. | edited Mar 05 '15, 5:10 a.m.

If I could foresee the future I would be rich and retired...

The WCL uses the available Plain Java Client Library API and has been tested in various use cases by the author (me). However, the WCL is not production code and hence published with a respective disclaimer, provided as is, with not guarantee. This is the case with all the code published on that blog, for a good reason.

You can test it against test systems, if your use case works, and if you think it does what needs to be done in your scenario, you can use it. If it fails, or needs to be changed in the future, you have the code and can fix the issues.  

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '15, 5:12 a.m.

Note, that one user has already found a case where the links that were created did not result in what was expected. This has been (hopefully) fixed already.

However, there are certainly other issues with the code that is out there today.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.