It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tivoli Directory Server -Error code while Password is incorrect and expired

Suganthi Manoharan (612) | asked Mar 04 '15, 4:29 a.m.
edited Mar 04 '15, 4:29 a.m.
We are using IBM's TDS for authenticating the users. We have a scenario in which a particular user's password has expired and the user tries to login to system with a wrong password. In this case we are getting an error code LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS (49) and error message - 'Error, Password has expired"
But if the user has entered a wrong password we don't want to show the user "Error, Password has expired" instead want to display the error message "Invalid credentials" ,however the error message returned from the server is  'Error, Password has expired"

Can you please let me know if you have come across this scenario and how to go about this.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 05 '15, 4:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is unclear to me, if this has anything to do with the products (Jazz based) this forum intents to help with. The tagging "troubleshooting" is not very telling. Anyway, my common sense answer would be:

1. The password of the user has expired and he can't log-on using that password. It needs to be changed.
2. If the user fails to provide a matching password, the application - correctly - errors with a "Invalid credentials".

My suggestion would be to consider changing the user password.......

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.